Cantaloupe Crisis Coverage

Sunday, November 27, 2011

How Breakfast Was Rediscovered

Conducting research and interviews on a subject about food seems to be a lost cause without the food itself. But when was the last time I (or others for that matter) had a big slice of juicy cantaloupe? Well that is something I can't seem to remember for myself. So, while going about this process I rediscovered something important about the researching process: in order to understand and write about a subject, a writer has to understand (or at least understand the taste of) the subject. The fruit itself seems to be something that has been lost throughout the whole listeria ordeal. So, while first going about my interviews I did the most natural form of research, I rediscovered the delicious taste of the cantaloupe itself.

While conducting interviews and visiting the restaurants I began to build up an appetite and so I decided to have a quick snack while on the job. At the Buff Restaurant I made sure to order a dish with the most cantaloupe, which happened to be a parfait in a cantaloupe bowl The bowl was cut with large chunks of cantaloupe left inside, topped with strawberries, grapes, yogurt and granola. And may I say it was one of the best parfaits I have ever tried!


People always say breakfast is the most important meal to jump start the day. In this case my rediscovered love for cantaloupe will be my jump start for the continued research on this project, so stay tuned for my next update on how restaurants and grocery stores operate in times of crisis!
posted by Liz Roland at 7:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home